Chilean Sea Bass with Lemon, Chives N' Garlic FLAVA' BUTTA
2 lbs Chilean Sea Bass filets, about 1 1/2 inches thick
3/4 cup white wine
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice and zest of 1 lemon
4 tbsp Lemon, Chives N' Garlic FLAVA' BUTTA
2 tbsp Shallots, chopped fine
2 tbsp grapeseed oil or other oil with a high smoke point
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp Capers (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the wine, shallots, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Continue cooking until the liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in the Lemon, Chives N' Garlic FLAVA' BUTTA.
- Remove from heat and stir in the capers (optional).
- Heat an oven proof skillet on high (cast iron) and add the grapeseed oil.
- Heat the oil until it begins to shimmer.
- Dry the sea bass thoroughly and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add the fillets to the skillet and sear them for about 3-minutes on each side, turning once. The goal is to get a crispy, golden crust on each side.
- Remove the skillet from the stove and carefully transfer it to the middle rack of your oven.
- Roast for around 5-minutes in the oven, until the sea bass is cooked through.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and plate the fish.
- Drizzle with the reduction sauce and serve.